Başakşehir Fatih Terim Soccer Complex Stadium, energy, sustainable building design under the supervision of America Green Building Council (USGBC) by LEED (Leadership in energy and Environmental Design Leadership in energy and environmental design) Green Building Certification Gold (Gold) was awarded at the level of.
While the LEED Gold certified Başakşehir Fatih Terim Stadium was being implemented, many sustainable criteria ranging from energy saving to material usage, comfort conditions to water saving were taken into consideration. The fact that the stadium is located in a developed environment with an alternative public transportation network and where personal daily needs can be met significantly reduces the amount of carbon emissions produced by building users and visitors from transportation and access.
Sustainable Lands and Field Use
Başakşehir Fatih Terim Stadium is besides being a sports football complex with 40% open area thanks to the works carried out at the design stage
· 870 Bicycle parking spaces for those who want to come to the sports complex by bicycle
· 12 Shower areas for bicycle users
* Increased public transportation facilities
* Contribution to reducing the heat island effect with the selection of light colored hard landscape
* Possibility of private parking for low emission vehicles
As a result of the energy efficiency and energy saving studies carried out at Istanbul Başakşehir Fatih Terim Stadium, energy savings of 27% were achieved compared to the reference building in ASHRAE standards. The following studies have also been carried out to support the energy efficiency studies
* Energy efficient, class A boilers, chillers, pumps and fans
· Double glazed windows
· Energy efficient lighting lamps
* Effective thermal insulation
At the end of the water efficiency studies carried out by ERKE Sustainable Building Design Consultancy, 45% water saving was achieved at Fatih Terim Football Complex. some studies carried out to ensure 45% water saving;
* Water-saving sanitary ware, fittings and reservoirs were selected to save on water consumption
* Maximum flow rate of 1,9 lt/min touchless sink faucets are used
* Urinals are selected from economical products in the form of 3,8 lt / cycle,
· A flow reducer has been used for the shower heads and the maximum flow rate has been set to 9 lt/min
* The graduated toilet reservoir is set to a maximum flow rate of 2/4 lt per minute.
Materials and Resources
Separate collection of waste generated during construction was provided, separately collected waste was sent to recycling facilities for re-evaluation. In the project, importance was also given to the use of recycled materials. 25% of all materials used were selected from recycled materials. In order to support the national economy and local production, 36% of the materials used in the project were selected from local materials.
Interior Quality & Comfort
All indoor products used in the interior, such as paints, adhesives, wall cladding and floor covering, have been selected from low emission materials. In addition, a ventilation design has been made to increase the indoor air quality above the standards. In addition to mechanical ventilation, natural ventilation designs have also been made in possible areas.
The relationship between human and environment has been established by designing open spaces in the project area. On the other hand, water saving has been increased by selecting local plants in the designed landscape areas. In addition, water consumption has been reduced by 45% by using water-efficient fixtures in order to save water in the building. October 19, 2019.
In addition, with the green building training tours planned to be held within the Başakşehir Fatih Terim Stadium, contributions have been made to the dissemination of the green building concept on a social scale as well.