ERKE provides services aimed at minimizing embodied energy consumption throughout the life cycle of the design.These analyses can be done both for products and buildings, and are required by international certification systems like LEED and BREEAM.
Life cycle analysis evaluates all materials and structural systems to be used in a building from the preliminary phase on with regard to:
- The global warming potential,
- Stratospheric ozone depletion,
- Land and water acidification, eutrophication,
- Tropospheric ozone formation and the consumption of non renewable energy sources.
- The outcomes of this detailed comparison and results of the analysis presents the project team with optimized solutions.
Product based life cycle analysis on the other hand, is critical for awareness raising among producers, obtaining product declarations and establishing environmentally friendly product databases.